Avoid These Top 10 Etsy SEO Mistakes and Boost Your Shop's Success
Avoid These Top 10 Etsy SEO Mistakes and Boost Your Shop's Success
Table of Contents:
- Etsy SEO Mistake #1 - Editing listings that are performing well
- Etsy SEO Mistake #2 - Not waiting 60-90 days before tweaking a listing again
- Etsy SEO Mistake #3 - Not refreshing your eRank data
- Etsy SEO Mistake #4 - Only using one tool when performing research
- Etsy SEO Mistake #5 - Relying too much on Grades
- Etsy SEO Mistake #6 - Assuming your rank is static
- Etsy SEO Mistake #7 - Starting your keyword research too narrow/specific
- Etsy SEO Mistake #8 - Guessing keywords rather than using a keyword research tool
- Etsy SEO Mistake #9 - Using the Etsy search bar as your primary keyword research tool
- Etsy SEO Mistake #10 - Incorrectly filling out your attributes
Etsy SEO: Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Your Etsy Shop
In the competitive world of selling on Etsy, understanding and optimizing your shop's Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial for success. However, there are numerous misconceptions and mistakes that can hinder your shop's visibility and sales. In this article, we will explore the top 10 Etsy SEO mistakes to avoid, providing tips and insights to help you improve your shop's SEO strategy.
Etsy SEO Mistake #1 - Editing listings that are performing well
One common mistake many sellers make is tinkering with listings that are already performing well. Whether it's the tags or titles, altering successful listings can inadvertently remove essential keywords that were attracting potential buyers. It's essential to identify which listings are performing well, understand what factors contribute to their success, and refrain from making unnecessary changes.
Etsy SEO Mistake #2 - Not waiting 60-90 days before tweaking a listing again
There is a misconception that making changes to your Etsy SEO resets your listing and requires a waiting period of 60-90 days for re-indexing. However, this is not true. While changes to SEO should be approached strategically, waiting excessively can hinder your shop's growth. It's important to allow Etsy enough time to assign a quality score to your listing, but regularly evaluating and refining your SEO is necessary for staying relevant.
Etsy SEO Mistake #3 - Not refreshing your eRank data
For sellers utilizing eRank.com for keyword research, it's crucial to refresh your data regularly. The data provided by eRank is not updated in real-time due to the vast number of users. Refreshing your data ensures that you have the most accurate and relevant information to optimize your Etsy SEO effectively.
Etsy SEO Mistake #4 - Only using one tool when performing research
While eRank is a valuable tool for Etsy SEO, relying solely on one tool can limit your insights and potential opportunities. Exploring other tools available within eRank, such as the compare keywords tool and trend buzz tool, can provide additional data and help streamline your keyword research process. Utilizing multiple tools can enhance your understanding of your target market and increase your chances of success.
Etsy SEO Mistake #5 - Relying too much on Grades
eRank's grading system within the listing audit tool can be a helpful guideline for ensuring your listing follows Etsy's best practices. However, relying solely on grades to determine your SEO success can be misleading. Grades do not have a direct correlation with your listing's performance or the effectiveness of your keywords. It's essential to consider other factors and not solely rely on grades to make SEO decisions.
Etsy SEO Mistake #6 - Assuming your rank is static
Etsy's personalized search algorithm caters search pages based on individual IP addresses and shopper habits. This means that your search results may differ from what others see. Simply searching for your listings on Etsy or using a VPN to change locations will not provide an accurate representation of your rank. To check your rank objectively, use eRank's rank checker tool, which strips personalization and shows your average position in search.
Etsy SEO Mistake #7 - Starting your keyword research too narrow/specific
When conducting keyword research, starting broad and then narrowing down is critical. Don't limit yourself by focusing only on specific, long-tail keywords from the beginning. Begin with broader terms and use eRank's keyword tool to discover stronger long-tail keyword phrases that are easier to rank for. This approach allows you to capture a wider audience while still targeting more specific searches.
Etsy SEO Mistake #8 - Guessing keywords rather than using a keyword research tool
Relying on guesswork to determine the keywords shoppers are using on Etsy is a common mistake. Without data to support your assumptions, you may miss out on valuable opportunities for optimization. Using eRank's keyword research tool provides accurate monthly search volume data and helps you identify the best keywords to use in your listing tags and titles. Data-backed keyword research is crucial for maximizing your shop's visibility.
Etsy SEO Mistake #9 - Using the Etsy search bar as your primary keyword research tool
While the Etsy search bar can offer some insights into popular search phrases, solely relying on it for keyword research is inadequate. The search bar reflects consumer-centric terms that may not accurately represent what people are actively searching for. It's recommended to cross-reference the terms from the Etsy search bar with eRank's keyword tool to gain a better understanding of search volume and relevancy.
Etsy SEO Mistake #10 - Incorrectly filling out your attributes
Filling out attributes incorrectly can negatively impact your shop's visibility. Attributes are meant to define what you are selling and help match the item with relevant search queries. Adding attributes related to holidays or occasions should only be done for items explicitly themed for those occasions. Misusing attributes can confuse potential buyers and negatively affect your SEO.
Optimizing your Etsy shop's SEO is an ongoing process that requires patience, experimentation, and data analysis. Avoiding the common mistakes discussed in this article will help you refine your SEO strategy and increase your shop's visibility and sales. By conducting thorough keyword research, regularly evaluating your listings' performance, and staying informed on the latest SEO practices, you can position yourself for success on Etsy. Remember, embracing Etsy SEO as a science rather than relying on guesswork will make all the difference in your shop's growth.
I am a ETSY merchant, I am opening several ETSY stores. I use Etsyshop to find ETSY stores and track competitor stores. Etsyshop really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to Etsyshop's service, I hope more people can like Etsyshop！ — Ecomvy
Join Etsyshop to find the ETSY store & products
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- ETSY Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- Dominate the Wedding Jewelry and Accessories Market on Etsy
- Etsy vs Shopify: Making the Right Choice for Your Online Business
- Etsy vs. Shopify: Choose Your E-commerce Path
- Etsy vs Shopify: Which Platform is Right for You?
- Etsy vs. Shopify: Crafting Your E-Commerce Success
- How I Made $45k in 2 Months on Etsy - A Case Study
- The Ultimate Guide to Succeed in Etsy Drop Shipping
- Streamline Multi-Channel Sales with Nimble Web
- Dropshipping Success: $31,271 in 1 Month!
- Master the Art of Selling Posters on Etsy
- The Real Deal: Making Money with AI Mugs
- Unleash Your Woodworking Skills on Etsy
- The Etsy Journey: From Artisan Haven to Modern Marketplace
- Unveiling Etsy's Hottest Holiday Trends for 2023
- Profitable A.I. Notebooks on Etsy
- Essential Tips for Starting Your Etsy Shop
- Turn Your Photos into Profit on Etsy
- Unleash AI Art on Etsy: Success Guide
- Make Thousands on Etsy Selling T-Shirts
- Master Your First Month on Etsy